Placements: The Booth Centre
THE BOOTH CENTRE
The Booth Centre is recognised as being one of the country's leading day centres for homeless people.
What we do
- To provide a welcoming and accepting environment for people who are homeless.
- To empower people to make informed choices and make positive changes in their lives.
- To provide positive experiences in order to help people to build self respect and self confidence and to look to the future.
We do this through:
- Providing Cafe Advice sessions, which are open and accessible.
- Offering advice to help people resolve their problems.
- Organising activities which are creative, therapeutic, challenging and enjoyable, and giving people the chance to work for nationally recognised qualifications.
- Giving people help to move on to employment, education, training or voluntary work in the community.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of the Booth Centre. They welcome people to the Centre, signpost them to where they can get more help from us or other services, give advice, help serve food and drinks, support our activities programme and spend a lot of time listening to people.
Our volunteers work as part of a small team, and their help is critical to the work of the centre.